Among big chain hotels, wake up service at 6 a.m. And eating generic dishes, business trips are sometimes more difficult than many believe. Although we live in the time that with the media we can communicate with any part of the world in moments and work remotely, this type of trips is still very necessary. Are you going on a business trip soon? If so, we leave you some useful tips to improve your travel experience.
– Pay a mobile data package: Although in almost every airport and hotel in the world there is a Wi-Fi connection, many times these connections are slow to connect or disabled. To save you several valuable minutes of your time and save yourself unwelcome situations, it is better to pay for a data plan.
Nowadays telephone companies offer packages for business travelers, ask your mobile operator what service they can offer you. A good alternative is to get free Wi-Fi at the airports.
– Create your own virtual office: A few years ago, business travelers almost obligatorily needed a fax at their side. At present only with your smartphone or a laptop you can work with all your documents at hand.
Use apps like Google Drive, Drop Box, or any other file hosting service on the cloud. This will allow you to work with several people at once without the need that are close to you.
– Have a well-defined itinerary: The more you plan your trip, the more time efficiency you’ll have. Yoram Yasur Izz: “The best thing before getting on the plane is knowing the routes you are going to take, how long it will take to get to the hotel, where the board will be and what your hours will be. With this you will have more time for yourself and enjoy the trip a little more”.
– Rest in the plane: It is common in travelers that after arriving at the destination they are going to rest some hours in the hotel. If you are a person who has the least time, a good tip is to sleep a couple of hours on the plane and when you arrive you can do more things.
Learn how to use your dead times well, many times people forget these times although they can all result in several hours a day without doing much.
– Bring a backup copy of your work: Yoram Yasur Izz: “Before traveling, make sure you have a duplicate of the most important things. Even though most of the times you will not use it, chances are that someday you will be saved from situations in which you lose your job due to mistakes, thefts, or simple oversights”.
Have several copies, backups in USB flash drives or in the cloud. Better to be aware when we talk about things of the utmost importance.